Not actual product
How To Take GRASTEK
- Take the tablet from the blister package with dry hands
- Take the tablet immediately after removing it from the blister package.
- GRASTEK dissolves quickly when placed under the tongue. After taking it, don’t swallow for at least 1 minute.
- Do not take GRASTEK with food or beverage.
- Do not eat or drink for 5 minutes after taking the tablet.
- Wash hands after taking the tablet.
Your allergy specialist will also prescribe epinephrine
There are 2 dosing recommendations for GRASTEK:
Possible Side Effects
The most commonly reported side effects of GRASTEK were itching of the mouth, lips or tongue, swelling under the tongue, or throat irritation. These side effects, by themselves, were not dangerous or life-threatening.
GRASTEK can cause severe allergic reactions that may be life-threatening. Stop taking GRASTEK and get medical treatment right away if you or your child has any of the following symptoms after taking GRASTEK:
- Trouble breathing
- Throat tightness or swelling
- Trouble swallowing or speaking
- Dizziness or fainting
- Rapid or weak heartbeat
- Severe stomach cramps or pain, vomiting or diarrhea
- Severe flushing or itching of the skin
It’s important that you talk to your allergy specialist to make sure you understand what is a severe allergic reaction to GRASTEK.
GRASTEK is a prescription medicine used for sublingual (under the tongue) immunotherapy to treat Timothy and related grass pollen allergies that can cause sneezing, runny or itchy nose, stuffy or congested nose, or itchy and watery eyes. GRASTEK may be prescribed for persons 5 through 65 years of age who are allergic to grass pollen.
GRASTEK is taken for about 12 weeks before the grass pollen season and throughout the grass pollen season. GRASTEK may also be taken daily for 3 years to provide a sustained effect for a fourth year in which you do not have to take GRASTEK.
GRASTEK is NOT a medication that gives immediate relief for symptoms of grass allergy.
For a for information, download the Medication Guide.